Legislation that Governs Us
As a provider of consumer finance, Buy As You View operate in accordance with the
requirements of key legislation, namely:
- The Consumer Credit Act
- The supply of Goods (Implied Terms) Act
- The Sale and Supply of Goods Regulation
The most fundamental application of the Sale of Goods Act is that we must provide
our customers with goods of satisfactory quality that are fit for the purpose they
have been purchased for.
Our total dedication to customer service means that we go far beyond any legal requirements
to ensure that our customers are satisfied at all times.
The Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulates consumer credit and hire agreements.
Its protections apply to agreements between traders and individuals, sole traders,
partnerships and unincorporated associations, but not agreements made between traders
and corporate bodies such as limited companies.
This act lays down rules regarding:
- The form and content of agreements and credit advertising
- The method of calculating the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of the Total
Charge for Credit
- The procedures to be adopted in the event of default, termination or early
- Extortionate credit bargains.
To this end, we make absolutely certain that all of our employees are fully aware
of their obligations to our customers, as stipulated by the Act.
The Act also requires that all traders, who make regulated agreements, obtain licences
from the Office of Fair Trading. To operate without a licence is a criminal offence.